Being an Admin/Leader of a Group
You are an admin of a group if you create the group or are assigned as an admin by the group creator. Making someone admin or leader gives them access to:
- Assign other admins to the group.
- Edit a member's email address, admin status, and to an admin. To edit a member's status:
- Click on the group.
- Click People.
- Scroll to the person you want to edit. Click Edit.
- Type in new email address, add/edit the title of the member in the group, or change their admin status by clicking the Group Leader box.
- Send important Announcement posts to the group. Announcement posts have more functionality than a post. In an Announcement, you can:
- Share important or urgent information -- If a member has their notification setting at High, Normal or Low, they will receive an email notification for an Announcement post. They will not receive an email notification if their notification setting is on Mute.
- Ask for volunteers
- Organize responsibilities or roles for an event
- Request items to be donated (i.e., classroom supplies)
- Take a poll
- Get notified when your announcement has been received
- Save a draft of your announcement to send later
- Format your post -- i.e., such as creating a newsletter -- you can embed photos, embed links into text, adjust type (italics, bold, underline), add bullets, create headers and a quote section, adjust photo size (two sizes)
- Delete, archive or rename the group.
- Delete a post or comment from the group's feed.
- Remove a person from the group.
Assign Admin/Leader of a Group
You can only assign an admin/leader to a group if you created the group or are an admin of the group.
To assign an admin/leader to a group:
- Click on the group you created on the left side bar.
- Click Invite People.
- Click Add Class Leader.
- If the person your adding is already in a group you share, their name will pop up when you type their name in First Name. Select it. If they aren’t in a group you share, complete the text boxes, including email address.
- Type their title in Title in Class -- i.e., Teacher, Teacher Assistant, Room Parent
- Type a message in the Personal Message box explaining the group and their role in the group.
- Click Send Invite or Send at the top right.